St Paul's CBS Secondary School - The Brunner

Home Economics

Home Economics
Junior Cycle Home Economics
Home Economics is an optional Junior Cycle subject which all students get to sample in 1st year before making their subject choices.
Over the three years, students will develop their food knowledge and culinary skills, as well as undertake a craft project and learn how to manage their money, be a wise consumer and about the family in society.
50% of assessment goes towards a cookery exam and 50% is for the written exam.
Leaving Certificate Home Economics
Home Economics is also optional at leaving cert level. The two year course develops on the knowledge acquired at Junior Cycle level and goes more into detail in the areas of nutrition and social studies. Students complete a research assignment worth 20%, with the remaining 80% being assessed in the written exam.
Home EconomicsHome EconomicsHome Economics
Feb 26
2024
TY Work Experience Block 2
Feb 29
2024
School Closed - Teacher Training
Mar 18
2024
St. Patrick's Day Holiday - School Closed
Mar 21
2024
3rd and 6th Year Parent Teacher Meeting
St Paul's CBS Secondary School - The Brunner
North Brunswick St, Dublin 7, D07 VF57
ERST
Find Us
Enquire
Location
© 2024 St Paul's CBS Secondary School - The Brunner